Thursday, October 23, 2008

Trip to Elko

Last week I went to visit my dear friend, Debby in Elko, Nevada. Debby's sister, Julie (another dear friend) lives here in Prescott Valley so we drove to Elko together. Normally, it's a 10 hour drive but for some reason, it took us about 13 hours to get there. It probably had something to do with getting lost in Las Vegas, and having to sit for an hour in road construction. But, we got there at 8pm and had dinner, then talked late into the night with Debby and her husband, Mike.


Julie and Debby

The whole weekend was a wonderful girl time. We laughed, we cried and we just enjoyed each other's company. We sewed, we ate, we shopped and generally just had lots of fun... mostly we talked and talked and talked. I wish I had taken more pictures but here are some of the few I took.

Joy and Alex

Debby's daughter, Joy, and her husband, Alex, came over several times and we had dinner and played cards. We played Acey Deucey and I won! I think I won $9.00!!! Woohoo! That'll buy a whole yard of fabric!


Debby and Kathy

The funniest thing that happened was that I thought I was supposed to leave on Sunday so I got all packed and hugged everyone goodbye and Julie took me to the airport. We got to the ticket counter and the clerk couldn't find me in his computer. Guess what! My plane didn't leave till Monday morning! We were so happy to have another whole day together. What a treat.. I was so blessed by my dear friends, Debby and Julie. I hope we can do that again soon.

No comments: