Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunday Adventures

This weekend I went to Phoenix to see Mom and Dad on Saturday. Mom and I went to a quilt show in Mesa and I thoroughly wore her out but we had a nice time and saw lots of beautiful quilts. Then on Sunday, Lain, Shayla, Amanda, Varity and I went geocacheing and to the zoo. Well, at least that was the plan. We wanted to do just a few geocaches at Papago Park then go to the zoo afterwards. Lain had a new GPS and had loaded hundreds of caches onto it so we just expected to use it and find some. As it turns out, the area we were in didn't seem to be loaded onto her GPS. So, she used her phone and found a couple caches and we used my GPS and headed out. We just parked on the side of McDowell Road and started walking on a trail into Papago Park where we thought the cache was. After we got close to where we thought it was, Lain looked it up on her phone and it said it wasn't there! So, we tried to go to a different one but it was almost a mile away from there. We all got discouraged and decided to go to the zoo instead.

The desert really is pretty in this area and the day was warm and sunny.

Shay and I when we first got to the zoo. We're not tired yet so we're still smiling.



I actually got some nice pictures of some of the animals. I guess they were enjoying the weather as much as we were and most of them were out so we could see them.



Otters... always so cute.



Monkeys... did I mention that I hate monkeys?



Varity enjoying her drink.

Shay making friends with a goat.



Varity and Shay posing with an Orangutan. Don't worry... he was friendly. Till they stuck their fingers in his nose.



We all had fun at the zoo and we were pretty tired when we got done. Lain and Shay and I even went shopping for awhile after we left the zoo. Then I still had to drive home! Needless to say, I took a nap the next day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got so many good pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL, Amandas comment didnt even mention that you spelled VArity's name wrong! But yes, your pictures are very good! I had a great time even though it was exhausting and slightly frustrating!