Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just Finished This Book

As you may have noticed, I post books that I am currently reading and books I've read over the past couple of years. I actually listen to these books on my Ipod so I can do other things while reading.. like quilt!
Anyway, I finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and I just have to say something about this book. Usually I'm pretty picky about books I read because I hate stopping in the middle of a book so if I'm going to read the whole thing, it better be a pretty good book. Well, I finished this book... and I'm sorry to say, it really stunk. I kept reading thinking it was going to get better and maybe have a great finish, but I can't believe how disappointing this book was. The dog training methods mentioned in the book were interesting. And the relationship that Edgar had with an older man he met after running away from home was interesting.. Ok, that's about all I can say positive about this book. Anyway, if you pay any attention to the list of books I've read, please don't pay attention to this book. It's not worth the time it takes to read it. AND... I just found out it was a Oprah Book Club book! AAK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well... I started reading your blog thinking that you were going to tell me something great about this book... But after reading your whole post I realized that it was a good thing that I stopped reading this book about half way. I was wondering if it was going to get any better and now I can stop wondering and Im glad. :-) I would also like to say that you kept bugging me to finish The Stolen Child... And I did, and was disappointed. I thuoght it was boring, mostly. :-)