Sunday, December 7, 2008

Quilt Show Graphics

My eyes are all bleary and tired but I had to show what I've been doing today. I'm the publicity person for my quilt guild's quilt show next year and I was asked to design the logo for the show. I didn't really volunteer to do it so, of course, I put it off till the last minute. I have to present it to the committee tomorrow so I worked on it all day today. I sure hope they like it because I'm really tired of doing this. The theme for the show is "Prescott's Gone Quiltin'".





If you don't live in Prescott, you may not recognize these buildings. They are the famous Whiskey Row buildings where all tourists go when they come to visit. The building on the right is the Hotel St. Michael and the one in the middle is the Palace Bar. I drew everything up in my graphics program, Xara. This is the picture I used as my sample.



Famous Whiskey Row

I also was asked to design the show pin graphic. Keeping with the theme, I drew up my idea using Thumb Butte Peak that is west of Prescott and a landmark for the town. In fact, my guild's name is Thumb Butte Quilters' Guild, so I thought this was appropriate.



The pins will be 1" square when they're made so this will be quite a bit smaller. I sure hope they like it... Ugh.. I'm tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!! I think it was a great idea to use the buildings and its so well done! I sure hope your guild likes it as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

OMG i love it!!!! Very creative and it turned out so cute. You should be very proud!