Monday, August 31, 2009

Quilt Exchange

I have been involved in a couple of Mini Quilt Swaps. I signed up for them on the Quilting Gallery website here. The first one was a Springtime Quilt Exchange. I made this quilt and sent it off to Corry vanden Broek in the Netherlands. She put some pictures of it on her blog which I thought was very nice and it looks great in her house. You can see her blog here.





Then I joined the Summertime Mini Quilt Exchange. I finished it today and will send it off soon to a lady in Canada. I hope she likes it! I think it came out really cute and it was great fun to do. I've made lots of Mariner's Compass quilts but this one was a little different with all of the different layers in the circle. Here is a picture of it.

Michelle from Canada received my quilt and loves it. She put it on her blog. You can see it here.

I sure do like quilting!!

5 comments:

Sarah and Chris said...

All of your quilts are amazing Aunt Kathy! Someday I hope to have the space and materials to learn how to do it all!

Anonymous said...

Wow it was so great seeing all the comments everyone made about your quilt on Corrys blog!!! And your quilt looked nice! I love the circles you did around the sun... And that blue fabric... Someone very clever must have helped you pick it out... ;-)

Becca said...

you are so so talented! you should see some of the quilted pillows that i made in high school - they would make you cringe! :)

Heleen said...

You sure make georgous quilts! lucky swap partners!

Unknown said...

amazing. congratulations. hugs