Wednesday, September 30, 2009

County Fair 2009

Well, It's that time of year again. County Fair! When the kids were little, we spent lots of time preparing for the fair. We always submitted tons of stuff from artwork to photographs to quilts. The kids always made some spending cash to spend at the fair and complained about having to look at EVERYTHING in the exhibit rooms before I would let them go to the rides. But.. they have some great memories about the county fair.

It really isn't the same now as when my kids were little. The fair has moved to another building that isn't even close to Prescott. In fact, it's kinda out in the middle of nowhere.. probably 15 miles from Prescott but only about 5 miles from our house. Anyway, I think people just aren't as excited about the fair as they were 20 years ago and there are way fewer entries in all the exhibit halls. However, I still enter quilts in the fair and for the last 4 or 5 years, my friend Jennifer and I do the quilt display in the Homemaking department. So, that's where I was today.

We took this pile of quilts......
And put together this nice display of quilts.
I entered 3 quilts. See if you can guess which are mine. They all got blue ribbons.







This quilt won the Rosette for best quilt and I think it deserves it. What a gorgeous quilt!

I made this little quilt and donated it to the fair for them to raffle off for a little extra money to buy upgrades on the displays in the Homemaking department. All of the tables and racks are at least 25 years old and very worn. We donated a quilt last year and they were able to get some much needed poles to hang quilts on this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like alot of fun, and yes I could pick yours out.... I had forgotten that you made us go to every exhibit before the rides! You were so mean! LOL