Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Zion Trip - Day 1

On May 19th, my friends, Veda and Pat, came to my house. They came here to get ready for our week long backpacking trip to Zion National Park. Pat's daughter, Colleen, flew in on Friday and we left on Saturday morning. Our first night was to be spent at Jacob Lake which is about 40 miles from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We arrived early enough to be able to drive to the North Rim for a nice walk to a viewpoint.




We had a nice steak dinner planned so after we got our tents set up, we borrowed a BBQ grill and tried to get it started. Unfortunately, it started raining and the tarp we were using leaked so we weren't able to keep the BBQ fire going. Finally Colleen suggested we just go out to eat. So, that's what we did. We knew we wouldn't be able to keep the steaks fresh for another day so we gave them to the campground host who appreciated them. So, our first day was a little disappointing but we did get to see the North Rim before our drive the next morning to Zion.

2 comments:

corry said...

Hello Kathy, Today I recieved the mini quilt you made for me. It's so beautiful, I love it! The flowers, the birds, the colors..I love it all! Thank you very much, this quilt will fitts perfectly in my bedroom. Thanks again! Groeten, Corry

Karen said...

Looks like you all had a great time on your 'hike'. Lots of great pictures;) Just wanted to tell you that I love the little quilt you made for Corry;) It's what I call a 'Smile Quilt'. Smile Quilts are quilts that make you smile...in this case...a HUGE SMILE;) Great Job;)