Monday, November 10, 2008

Bear Cabin Inn

I just got back last night from my yearly trip to Bear Cabin Inn. It's a little bed and breakfast type place that's just for quilters. It is in Show Low which is about a 3.5 hour drive from here in the White Mountains. We left Thursday and came back Sunday afternoon. I go with the ladies from one of my quilt groups, In Stitches. Our website is: http://www.in-stitches.us/. We had a great time with lots of laughing and sewing and eating. The place is quite amazing with a huge room set up with a dozen tables for sewing and ironing stations and every wall is covered with foam board and flannel for hanging up projects. Everyone works on their own thing and the host, Carol Webb, takes good care of us. We get fed 3 meals a day with wonderful desserts and anything else we need, she takes care of it. There are 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, so everyone is comfortable and relaxed. Going to Bear Cabin is definately one of the high points of my year. Alan stays home and I think he enjoys the time to relax without me asking anything from him. Here are some pictures of my weekend.

Bear Cabin Inn - The original building is a large double wide mobile home but a large room was added onto the back of the house.


Sewing Room - This is the room that was added on with a deck on the back side that looks down into a pine tree valley.


The dining room seats all 10 of us easily. And the food is wonderful.


My friends, Chris and Jamie, having a laugh. We laugh alot...


Me, snuggling.


My friends: (standing, from left to right) Sheila, Carolyn, Karen, Jamie, Chris, Eve, Kathy, Julie
(seated) Sandy and Linda
(no, those aren't antenna on my head... it was windy!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun and what a cute idea!